Friday, August 7, 2009

Binding tip...

Ok so I recently visited a quilt store to purchase some fabric for my beautiful polka dot quilt, so it had to be just right. I found one I had to have , took it to the counter only to find out there was not enough of it, the lady at the store told me she had more of it at home and did not use it but it was already cut up for binding on the bias. So I told her I had never done the binding like that, I do a ONE piece binding she convinced me that it was not that big of a deal. WRONG. The only reason I did it cause it was perfect for what I needed and it was already cut, but never and I mean NEVER again will I do it that way. Big pain in the (you know were) . So if the lady's at the store want to cut your fabric for you on the bias, tell them NO thank you!!! There are just to many seams to sew. Hope this helps you.

5 comments:

Kendall said...

thats funny i have a friend that swears by it!!

Ella said...

Swears by bias? Yes bias just not the way it was cut, I do a one piece bias binding, much better.

tammy said...

Amen, sista! one piece binding all the way! Besides, I never trust how shops cut things anyway....

kellieanne said...

I don't trust how shops cut it either. I've had a problem with it and I know others that have too. I'll just take care of my own binding, thank you.

Cassie Marie said...

I like cutting the binding on the bias especially when it's a stripped print. You just have to get more fabric so you don't have so many short strips to sew together. I don't know if I've ever heard of one piece binding.